Seeking specifc album of postcards(Surrey)Reginald Wheatland

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

MargChamberlain

Seeking specifc album of postcards(Surrey)Reginald Wheatland

Post by MargChamberlain »

Seeking Reginald Walter Wheatland’s Postcard album ( Surrey, Sussex towns) auctioned within the last 9 months by T. Vennett-Smith (Your assistance would be appreciated.) Postcards were sent between 1912 - 1921 from his parents, sisters(Isabel Nellie, Edith Florence, Maud and Mabel and brother Alfred)
….postcards were collected through his correspondence with his family in the UK (prior to their immigration to Adelaide, South Australia in 1921) He immigrated to Adelaide in 1912 with close friends of the family and corresponded closely with his family through those years. They lived in Surrey, Capel, Bearegreen, Dorking, Croydon etc. Uncle Reg joined the AIF in Adelaide and was in the 27th Battalion and was lucky to survive WW1. The remainder of his family, parents, 4 sisters (Mabel, Edith, Nellie or Isabel, Maud, and brother Alfred came out to Australia in 1921.

It would be a miracle if I could retrieve some of these cards, if not the originals then electronic versions (of hopefully both sides) I would appreciate any assistance or advice you could give me to search for any cards that have been bought. I am willing to pay any costs.
Thank you for your consideration