ebay shop

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

tanileyfa

ebay shop

Post by tanileyfa »

What are the advantages of opening an ebay shop? I'm currently selling buy it now items on ebay. I spend quite a lot on fees so was just wondering whether it would be cheaper to open an ebay shop instead. Can anyone tell me what the financial advantages of opening an ebay shop are?
Last edited by tanileyfa on Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

deanosaur1972

Re: ebay shop

Post by deanosaur1972 »

tanileyfa wrote:What are the advantages of opening an ebay shop? I'm currently selling buy it now items on ebay. I spend quite a lot on fees so was just wondering whether it would be cheaper to open an ebay shop instead. Can anyone tell me what the financial advantages of opening an ebay shop are?

I haven't sold on ebay for a long time now - but the general rule used to be if you have more than 70 buy it now items to list a month then cost wise it works out better to have a shop.

You may well want to consider eBid - which is where I sell.

£49.49 for lifetime SELLER+, which provides:

No listing fees
5 free shops for life
Final value fee of just 2% when using a gallery listing (which is a must)
5 free photo's per listing
Wonderful Google exposure

When you consider that ebay charge £15 for one shop per month - ebid's £49.49 fee as a one off lifetime membership is a real snip (and you can have up to 5 shops).

You can get good sales as well - I think I have something like over 1,700 sales this year (2012).

eastlondonpostcard
Location: https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/20sent06/all-about-me/

Re: ebay shop

Post by eastlondonpostcard »

eBid works for me now

no more expensive listing fees
list as much as you like
and no adverts!
~ send it on a Postcard please ~