Help please!!

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

Lisyb

Help please!!

Post by Lisyb »

Hi

I am looking for some help in finding out more information about a postcard. A family member saved the picture from a group of photos they found online, while researching our local history. This was many years ago and the photo had no other info with it, except the heading Ridsmoor Hill school for girls, Wantage. It has now resurfaced and has been giving us all a headache trying to find out about the building. We are trying to find where it once was.We have tried researching it online but with no luck. We are from Wantage in Oxfordshire and assume this postcards relates to 'our' Wantage and not Wantage in the USA. Could the postcard be labelled incorrectly? I seem to be unable to add a picture, would some one mind helping with this? Many Thanks in advance. :) Image

MichaelDay
Site Admin

Re: Help please!!

Post by MichaelDay »

This messageboard doesn't allow for direct uploading of images but you can link use pictures uploaded on a hosting site such as photobucket or flickr
some instructions here...

http://postcard.co.uk/messages/postcard ... f=17&t=817

kevinramsdale

Post by kevinramsdale »

Lisyb wrote:Hi

I am looking for some help in finding out more information about a postcard. A family member saved the picture from a group of photos they found online, while researching our local history. This was many years ago and the photo had no other info with it, except the heading Ridsmoor Hill school for girls, Wantage. It has now resurfaced and has been giving us all a headache trying to find out about the building. We are trying to find where it once was.We have tried researching it online but with no luck. We are from Wantage in Oxfordshire and assume this postcards relates to 'our' Wantage and not Wantage in the USA. Could the postcard be labelled incorrectly? I seem to be unable to add a picture, would some one mind helping with this? Many Thanks in advance. :) Image
The word "Ridsmoor" seems to be practically non existent, certainly in relation to any topographical locations in the UK, so I guess there is something wrong with the caption.

Is it printed onto the card, or handwritten?
Kevin

Lisyb

Post by Lisyb »

[img][IMG]http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p66 ... b79659.jpg[/img][/img]

Here is the picture we have. Thanks :-)

michael78888

Post by michael78888 »

it is really nice post i like this info i appreciate this post keep it up......... :lol:

janemcready

Post by janemcready »

It is better you check with people in the postal office in that area. They can give more info or any clues to find this place easily. Otherwise try uploading that picture in Google search and see whether there is any results displaying for the same. Without any other info it is little difficult to find the place.

jane