Want To Correspond With Someone In Bradford

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

currytoys

Want To Correspond With Someone In Bradford

Post by currytoys »

Hello, my name is Sandy Curry and I live in St. Louis, Missouri, USA. My Great Grandmother was from Bradford and she attended the Bradford Boarding School For Girls on Manningham Lane. I cannot find a postcard of this building nor can I find any book on Bradford that pictures it. I would LOVE to have a snapshot of it and I would return the favor. I would also love to correspond with someone from Bradford who knows some history of it. My Great Grandmother Lois Lamb was born in 1883 and her Mother Sarah Williams died when my Grandmother was only 5 years old. Her Father served in the military and she had one brother named Horace Williams and I don't know what ever happened to him. Anyway my Grandmother grew up in the Boarding School and then later took a job as an Upstairs Maid for some very wealthy people before coming to America in 1904 on a boat. She attended the World's Fair and had many fascinating stories to tell. She passed away in 1979 at the age of 95 when I was only 19 years old and I regret that I didn't learn more about her background. Manningham Lane is part of the A650 Road & stretches to Lister Park where it becomes Keighley Road and that is the only information that I have about it. Graham Hall was an acquaintance with my Great Grandmother and I have copies of all his letters to her and I have written him 4 times over the past several years (since 1990) and I received a letter from him today saying that he just doesn't have time to correspond with me any longer which saddens me but I understand...well, no I don't, HAHA...he doesn't do e-mail and that makes it harder I know. My e-mail address is currytoys@yahoo.com if you can share any information on this Boarding School or would just like to chat about Bradford History.
Thank you very much,
Sandy Curry...

About Postcards

Re: Want To Correspond With Someone In Bradford

Post by About Postcards »

Hello Sandy,
I'm not in Bradford but have sent you an email with some information and images that may help.
Good luck with the search

currytoys

Post by currytoys »

Hi Linda,
I didn't get your e-mail unless it went into my Spam folder and I deleted it, sigh...could you re-send it?
Thanks SO much,
Sandy...
currytoys@yahoo.com

About Postcards

Post by About Postcards »

Message re-sent

currytoys

Post by currytoys »

Thank you SO much Linda...I e-mailed you back!
Sandy...