To Sell In or Not-In Albums

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

johnmorris278

To Sell In or Not-In Albums

Post by johnmorris278 »

I have inherited about 600 postcards, mainly from 1904-1916, but some from early 1920 to 1930s.
They are mainly landscapes/scenes, buildings, etc. of (but not exclusively) Northern England, but there is also a good miscellany of cartoon, film star and decorative/floral as well.
Most have correspondence on and are stamped/franked.
They came in 4 "loose fit" albums, from around about the same era.
My question is, are they better to be sold in the albums? Or are they better to be removed and sold as sets or groups?
They're all currently out of the albums, because I have been following the correspondence between 4 or 5 senders to just one person (the original collector), as part of genealogy research.
Many thanks, John

eastlondonpostcard
Location: https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/20sent06/all-about-me/

Re: To Sell In or Not-In Albums

Post by eastlondonpostcard »

No real rule of thumb, I would say - selling them all together in the albums means they will all go straight away. An original album of mixed postcards, especially with correspondence attached has a certain appeal... selling them individually would obviusly take longer but may yield more in return.

Hope this helps - best luck
~ send it on a Postcard please ~