help needed urgently

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

nicwelle88

help needed urgently

Post by nicwelle88 »

Hello everyone, i am VERY new to the postcards business, i need some help.
A friend of mine has given me her late fathers postcard collection, He stated in his will she is to SELL them and NOT keep them, 6 years later she has finally got round to it. i was just wondering if there is anyone who deal in very old postcards local/close to south east london that would be willing to come take a look at them for us and give us some sort of appraisal, and some insight into who or where to sell them to, i look forward to your replies, Many thanks. Nic

Moonraker

Re: help needed urgently

Post by Moonraker »

Hi Nic. Why not go to one of the postcard fairs listed in the events section of this website? There must a be a few within easy reach of SE London. Then you can show them to several dealers and, hopefully, get some offers.

If you post some details of the collection, that might just encourage a dealer or two to visit, but ideally you should aim for three offers to give you a choice. They may not be too interested in modern "wish you were here" holiday postcards, but there's a good market for material that's a century or so old.

Good luck!

Moonraker