Mystery painting and card..

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

CollectIreland

Mystery painting and card..

Post by CollectIreland »

I came across the painting (top) on eBay recently and bought it as it bore a striking likeness to the Terence Henry postcard (bottom) already in my collection. My question is this, is the painting by the same hand, or is it a copy of the postcard done by another artist or is it a first draft done by the artist prior to the finished product being supplied to the publishers? There are so many similarities especially in minute details such as the clouds that it has me baffled. The top of the mountain is more pronounced in the painting but I'm not reading too much into that. Anybody got any ideas?

eastlondonpostcard
Location: https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/20sent06/all-about-me/

Re: Mystery painting and card..

Post by eastlondonpostcard »

What came first they say; 'the chicken or the egg?' - there are many similarities, true, but this is an easy one to copy for an experienced artist I would say... so who will know!
~ send it on a Postcard please ~