Stehli Freres STF Art cards

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

CollectIreland

Stehli Freres STF Art cards

Post by CollectIreland »

Another series of cards that I've recently started collecting are these superb bird paintings by Swiss artist Eugen Hartung (1897-1973). I'm not sure what decade they date from, possibly late 1940's or pre-war WWII?

A little bit about the publishers - Stehli Freres, Zurich - below.

I have no idea how many cards there were in the series but I only been able to find eight so far. Irresistible to a former birdwatcher such as myself. Any information of any sort would be very welcome. Thanks in advance

eastlondonpostcard
Location: https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/20sent06/all-about-me/

Re: Stehli Freres STF Art cards

Post by eastlondonpostcard »

A search on ebid found similar items including the Crested Titmouse card illustrated (no 112) - and there is one postally used in 1968 featuring a Lion; suggesting that they published postcards in more recent years? I believe they produced a lot of Flower postcards too...
~ send it on a Postcard please ~

CollectIreland

Re: Stehli Freres STF Art cards

Post by CollectIreland »

Added another nice unused one this week - Great Tits - just €3.90 incl.p+p on Delcampe.