research woven silk

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

silkworm

research woven silk

Post by silkworm »

A friend and I are embarking on a book/catalogue focusing on woven silk postcards . No book has been published since Radley in 1985 so we thought it was time to collect as much information as possible from collectors with a view to collating the material for inclusion in our future publication. We intend to start with French woven postcards and therefore if you have a substantial collection relating to this field ,we would very much like to hear from you.
Adrian Slaney and Barry Silvert

ChrisRadley

Re: research woven silk

Post by ChrisRadley »

Hello Adrian & Barry,

I have come across your message and request for information for a new book about woven silk postcards and as you will notice I am the author of the said book/s from 1975/78 & 1985, amongst which "The Woven Silk Postcard" is relevant in this case which I published in 1978, the 1985 information which I provided to RF Postcards was for inclusion in their annual catalogues which carried on for a few years, I think until 1988.

You may already have an idea for how your book will appear and whilst it is good that a new book on the subject of woven silk postcards is being considered I must bring to your attention that my books and the content within including lists and descriptions of known cards are all subject to copyright law and as such cannot be reproduced in any part without copyright owners permission.

The information that I allowed to be reproduced by RF Postcards was by way of a written agreement and as such may also be subject to copyright by the present owners of the rights and title to RF Postcard catalogues.

Chris Radley