Lilywhite postcards

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

semlyn
Prove you are not a bot!: rectangle
another daft question: stamp

Lilywhite postcards

Post by semlyn » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:08 pm

I have just purchased a used postcard post-dated 1950 of a view from the top of Newton (Porthcawl) Church tower.
I am led to believe however that this card dates from the 1930s.
I have been unable to find any specific information regarding Lilywhite postcards on-line and wonder if anyone can supply more details regarding their issues.
It has the notation Ntn 7 on the front bottom part of the picture.
Many thanks.
Stephen Emlyn-Jones

eastlondonpostcard

Re: Lilywhite postcards

Post by eastlondonpostcard » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:15 am

The firm of Lilywhite Ltd., Halifax was destroyed by fire in 1931 which may account for your theory that your image dates from the 1930s. The firm's founder went on to work for Raphael Tuck in the 1930s too...
~ send it on a Postcard please ~

semlyn

Re: Lilywhite postcards

Post by semlyn » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:43 pm

Thanks for the comments.
I should have mentioned that the imprint on the card states:- Publishers,Lilywhite (1932)Ltd, ,Sowerby Bridge so this must be the new company established after the fire.
The notation on the front of the card I mentioned in my previous posting "Ntn 7" perhaps indicates that there were at least 6 other illustrations of the village.
Stephen Emlyn-Jones