Mystery Location

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

rmkcanterbury

Mystery Location

Post by rmkcanterbury »

Hello PTA.

Here's a mystery location for a late 19th century card, featuring a pub(?) and an old stone memorial.

https://postimg.cc/47ZHnsYd
https://i.postimg.cc/634rjQwd/ZZZ-Myste ... c-1895.jpg

This is described as "Kent" but I have my doubts about this. I fancy the location is more central, possibly Cotswolds
but this is only a hunch. Whilst the pub may not actually be a pub, the memorial (if that's what it is) may offer the
best clue as to where the photo was taken.

Any clues as to the location would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Rory

olozigzag

Re: Mystery Location

Post by olozigzag »

Analyze the architecture, landscape, street signs, or any recognizable landmarks in the photo. Compare them to known locations or historical sites to narrow down the possibilities.

rmkcanterbury

Post by rmkcanterbury »

Hi.
Thanks for the tips.
I'd already tried most of these and in my mind, this was a south midlands image, possibly
south Cotswolds, or Gloucestershire.
Close but no cigar, as it turns out!
The photo was taken in the village of Bulkington, Wiltshire. The pub was the Bell.
I've got some more mystery pub images, which I may load up on this site over Christmas.
Tx.
Rory

victoriaemmy68

Post by victoriaemmy68 »

This is described as "Kent" but I have my doubts about this. I fancy the location is more central, possibly Cotswolds
but this is only a hunch. Whilst the pub may not actually be a pub, the memorial (if that's what it is) may offer the
best clue as to where the photo was taken.
Slope Game

rmkcanterbury

Post by rmkcanterbury »

Thanks for all replies.
The image has now been identified as The Bell, Bulkington., Wiltshire.