POSTCROSSING.COM - BEST POSTCARD WEBSITE EVER

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

Swollib

POSTCROSSING.COM - BEST POSTCARD WEBSITE EVER

Post by Swollib »

http://www.postcrossing.com is addictive and fun! And you get to talk and meets lots of different people. I've sent 60 postcards and received 61 from USA, Finland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Germany, Belarus, Estonia, Australia, Singapore, Taiwan, Belgium, Portugal, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, China, Japan, Spain, Canada, Malaysia, Sweden, Egypt and many more exotic countries !

kevinramsdale

Re: POSTCROSSING.COM - BEST POSTCARD WEBSITE EVER

Post by kevinramsdale »

Swollib wrote:http://www.postcrossing.com is addictive and fun! And you get to talk and meets lots of different people. I've sent 60 postcards and received 61 from USA, Finland, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Germany, Belarus, Estonia, Australia, Singapore, Taiwan, Belgium, Portugal, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, China, Japan, Spain, Canada, Malaysia, Sweden, Egypt and many more exotic countries !
from Wikipedia

"Postcrossing is a project, inspired by bookcrossing, designed to allow people to receive postcards from all over the world. Participants who send a postcard should receive at least one back, from a postcrosser in another country. Because each postcard received is registered with the website, users are able to generate global-scale maps of destinations which they have sent cards to and received cards from, and review the journey times of mailed items.

There are now (August 2006) 13,790 members from 127 countries. More than 208,699 postcards have been received because of this project and about 26,344 are currently travelling. Maps generated of the site's general activity reveal higher concentrations of users in Europe and North America than in other areas, with Finland being the only country to have broken the 40,000 postcards sent barrier"

Appears to be a good way to encourage the use of postcards in the email and text era.

Kevin

:shock:
Kevin

kevinramsdale

Post by kevinramsdale »

As this topic is being blitzed by some kind of spambot I am going have to lock it.

I am having to delete these posts regularly - please pm me (or any of the mods) if you wish to have the topic unlocked in order to post something on topic and not related to ringtones etc.

:shock:
Kevin

kevinramsdale

Post by kevinramsdale »

Topic now unlocked.

The spam problem was not in fact ever specific to this thread,

Kevin