Hello

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

PC2007

Hello

Post by PC2007 »

Hi

This is my first post as way of introduction.

I live in Runcorn in North-West England, and collect topographical postcards of the surrounding area (Liverpool, Manchester, Chester), as well as North Wales, Lancashire, Cumbria and Scotland.

I mainly stick to modern cards from 1960's onwards, because I like the colour and I like to see a fair amount of recognisable location. My collection is around 1,500 cards, all of which are in the process of careful cataloguing. I started the hobby very slowly 13 years ago at some postcard fairs, but this exploded more recently with some large batches from Ebay. (Thankfully no bad experiences there). They work out cheap (some average out as low as 3p), but I'll still gladly pay up to £2-£3 for a specific single from dealers. After a long break I'm looking to get back into fairs, and should be at Chester in two weeks.

In the near future I hope to be posting some notes I've compiled on the various serial number codings from different postcard publishers, maybe draw on the expertise of fellow members and clarify some queries I have surrounding dating the cards.

Look forward to contributing

Cheers

Tom