Chester Postcard Fair

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

PC2007

Chester Postcard Fair

Post by PC2007 »

Hi

Managed to get along to this fair today, for the first time in over 10 years. The last time I was more interested in the cigarette cards, but now my interests have switched to postcards.

Picked up a few nice things, although as my interests lie in 'semi-modern' cards there's not immediately a lot on offer. Vintage cards are nicely organised by county and town, modern are haphazardly thrown together in a shoe box! Eventually found one guy who had a nice combination of old and new, and rewarded him with the most purchases.

Personally I find the 1960's/70's cards to be fascinating - recognisable of how the place is today, but still not exactly the same. Classic cars, fashions, and long-gone shop names. Great for showing people at work too!

Still, a nice day, real glad I managed to get there. Anyone else from here get along to it?