Canterbury, 6th October

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

Andrew

Canterbury, 6th October

Post by Andrew »

Is anyone (other than me) going to be there?

kevinramsdale

Post by kevinramsdale »

Although the days of the postcard fair have a distinctly numbered look about them, I expect a few others will show up.

Maybe people will be saving themselves for the excellent Norfolk Postcard Club Fair in Norwich the following week (and my next outing)
Kevin

Moonraker

Post by Moonraker »

kevinramsdale wrote:Although the days of the postcard fair have a distinctly numbered look about them, I expect a few others will show up.
Oh dear: more pessimism, and I thought I was a gloomy type! Or it it realism? Individual views apart, is this the general view in the trade? I suppose the reasons are eBay, limited new stock, expensive venues and rising card prices. And I know of a couple of dealers who no longer relish driving long distances on crowded roads.

Moonraker

tonymckendrick

Post by tonymckendrick »

(After the event)
This was a good fair for me. The number of dealers was down a bit because it clashed with Haywards Heath. Next year this will not happen as the respective organisers are talking to each other. I will be there and there should be a full compliment of dealers on December 8th.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

... and I'm pleased I was able to help make it good (albeit not a huge amount) for you, Tony.

At least next time I might remember your name correctly !!