Uploading facility of Card images

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

wakadowakado

Uploading facility of Card images

Post by wakadowakado »

Are there any other members like me who would like to see this provision implemented for general interest and expression to accompany topics on this excellent site? Brian

MichaelDay
Site Admin

Re: Uploading facility of Card images

Post by MichaelDay »

You can already link images into your post, but they need to be hosted elsewhere, on one of the online image hosting sites such as Photobucket or on your own website. You then put the full url of the uploaded in your post using the [img] button.

This was discussed a while ago:
http://www.postcard.co.uk/messages/post ... ?f=2&t=523

We don't want these pages filled with cards offfered for sale so please think carefully about the purpose of posting images. ie. this should be to seek or provide information or stimulate discussion.

wakadowakado

Post by wakadowakado »

Thank you Michael for outlining the site policy. i wonder whether more interesting topic activity would be stimulated and enjoyed with the inclusion of direct illustration material under control Brian

MichaelDay
Site Admin

Post by MichaelDay »

wakadowakado wrote:Thank you Michael for outlining the site policy. i wonder whether more interesting topic activity would be stimulated and enjoyed with the inclusion of direct illustration material under control Brian
I'm sure it would... but for various reasons we can't allow direct upload of pictures (as attachments) to the board. You're welcome to link your post to externally hosted images, these can be uploaded onto one of countless free image hosting sites and added to your post using the BBcode options.