Selling my collection

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

Freddy

Selling my collection

Post by Freddy »

After six years I stopped collecting PC's when we retired to Cyprus on a permanent
basis five years ago. For some unknown reason I brought my collection, circa 8,000,
with me! There is no PC interest on-island and we live a busy life, therefore I am
looking to relieve myself of the collection.
In brief; about 60% are Modern, Unused, Views from around the world.
35% are Modern, Used (Good Condition), Views from around the world.
The remaining 5% are Old, B&W and some coloured, Views, Good condition.
I am not looking for a fortune, I have thought of selling the Modern Unused in packs
of one hundred? As far as the Old cards are concerned, I have thought of researching
and selling in packs allied to individual countries and others as indivial items?
I have had a brief looksie on Ebay and it appears that some of my Old cards would
be classed as rare and fairly valuable.
Can anyone, in anyway, help/suggest/advise?

Moonraker

Re: Selling my collection

Post by Moonraker »

If you've the time, offer the better iindividual PCs on eBay where, if you're lucky, you may get something like retail for some/most of them. I've no experience of selling in bulk on eBay, but "packs" such as you visualise seem to attract some reasonable bids provided the contents have something in common - from the same country or on the same theme. I'm selling off my large stamp collection and reckon I'm doing better on eBay than through a conventional auction house or dealer, but the novelty of listing items that are only worth £2-5 is wearing off. Eventually I'll be happy to give the commoner stuff to a charity such as OXFAM.

Moonraker