Help

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

wvwinemagnolia

Help

Post by wvwinemagnolia »

TheHello everyone.

I am new and this is the first time I have ever posted to ANY board of any type. I am new and new to postcards also.

I am trying to find out how to go about obtaining indormation on a group of old postcards I purchased at an antique shop here in the USA.

Most of the pictures are of different areas of England and some of France. Many of the French cards are printed in French on the back. Most do not have an area for the stamp.

The photos of England, appear to be real photo's all are in very goood condition. The back of the card is blank except for the very top which reads: POSTCARD PICTURE By Judges' LTDl, England. A very small line about quarter of an inche for the above listed words. I have about 13 of these cards.
The next group of cards i have states This is a real photograph dividing the left from the right side of the card. The top Shows: VALENTINE'S POST CARD, with a world between the two words, and the word "throughout" printed across the worlds.The left side stated it is for correspondence "T.N.T. --To-day, not To-morrow. The right side states for addrss only.

there is a box where the stamp is to go and the following words are in the square: IF WITH ONLY SENDER'S NAME AND ADDRESS AND 5 WORDS CONVENTIAL GREETINGS H
under this is states printed in Gt. Britian. I have 14 of these cards.

I also have about 12 cards, that also appear to be photos, and the only thing on the back of these cards is "edition La Cigona, rue Glandev'es - Marselle

also, C.A.P. Paris, principaute' de monaco,, rue glandeves',

can anyone give any advise or help regarding these beautiful cards?

Thanks, Debbie