Windsor and T E Cochrane RP Sepia

Post a list of cards you're looking for in this section.

Moderator: MichaelDay

thames

Windsor and T E Cochrane RP Sepia

Post by thames »

I am keen to buy rarities connected with Windsor. The most sought after are street scenes where the castle does not feature prominently but may incidentally. The photographer will ideally be T Cochrane who lived locally, or others including Roberts. Most of the views will be Edwardian and in the case of Cochrane will feature his address on reverse, either Queens Road or St Leonards Ave. Most of his cards are referenced 'TC...' with handwritten captions.

Other subjects of interest are named individuals from the Windsor area, steamers on the river or under construction, the military in Windsor, early aviation (such as Sydney Camm or Wokingham Whale), Windsor Great Park, or GWR rail Slough to Windsor. Stereoviews and other local photos would be considered carefully too.

I would also like to add to my collection of Imperial Service College photos and cards.

Good prices paid. Many thanks for your time.

thames

REVISED June 2015 PS Please see post below re Reading 21st June :)
Last edited by thames on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

thames

Re: Windsor and T E Cochrane RP Sepia

Post by thames »

Hi everyone.

Still looking :)

thames

Post by thames »

Bought some crackers recently but still looking for more Edwardian, or earlier, maybe later, real photo Windsor views. Also Datchet and Eton, Great Park and river steamers.
:D

Many thanks

thames

Post by thames »

Hello, Happy New Year :)

Am still looking for interesting Windsor Berkshire postcards and other photos. Cochrane would be nice but any 'real photo' cards always wanted for my local archive.

Many thanks for looking

Thames

thames

Post by thames »

Am still looking for interesting Windsor Berkshire postcards and other photos as described above. Any by T E Cochrane (TC) would be nice but all 'real photo' cards are always wanted for my local archive and for use (non-profit) on the Windsor website. Other photographs of local scenes and events that also illustrate the town would be of real interest too. :)

I shall be attending the Reading Fair on 21st June with lots of lolly and an insatiable desire to spend it (!) so would love to make a beeline straight for your table if you have anything you think is of value. Unfortunately I need to leave by midday so it would be really appreciated if I could plan ahead and put you first on my calls list.

Many thanks for looking

Thames (editor@thamesweb.co.uk)

eastlondonpostcard
Location: https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/20sent06/all-about-me/

Post by eastlondonpostcard »

I have found four Windsor postcards in my Berkshire section:

If you are interested, do come and see me on Stand 55 - I hope to be flying the Union Jack!
~ send it on a Postcard please ~