CTH Charles T. Howard ( Salmon of Seven Oaks)

Post a list of cards you're looking for in this section.

Moderator: MichaelDay

Dawn

CTH Charles T. Howard ( Salmon of Seven Oaks)

Post by Dawn »

Hi all,

I am interested in collecting Charles T. Howard Postcards or CTH, an artist whom I believe worked for Salmon of Seven Oaks and a couple of other postcard publishers. I am a rank beginner and currently have 1 postcard of his, which I bought on ebay a couple of days ago. Can anyone tell me where I might purchase more of them? Also any other information on these specific cards would be very welcome.

Many Thanks
Regards
Dawn

eastlondonpostcard
Location: https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/20sent06/all-about-me/

Re: CTH Charles T. Howard ( Salmon of Seven Oaks)

Post by eastlondonpostcard »

Hello Dawn - lovely artist - well, always the best place to find more by this artist is at a Postcard Fair: see if there is an upcoming Postcard Fair near to you on the PTA website. At a Postcard Fair you are also likely to find out more about the artist from other collectors and dealers.

I know that C T Howard also painted Naval Shipping, Aircraft and Military subjects as well as Landscapes. You might want to contact the Salmon Study Group as well, they have a web page with their contact details here: http://www.postcard.co.uk/salmon/index.htm

Hope this helps - enjoy!
~ send it on a Postcard please ~

deanosaur1972

Post by deanosaur1972 »

Dawn wrote:Hi all,

I am interested in collecting Charles T. Howard Postcards or CTH, an artist whom I believe worked for Salmon of Seven Oaks and a couple of other postcard publishers. I am a rank beginner and currently have 1 postcard of his, which I bought on ebay a couple of days ago. Can anyone tell me where I might purchase more of them? Also any other information on these specific cards would be very welcome.

Many Thanks
Regards
Dawn
Hello Dawn.

C T Howard postcards are very collectable - mine usually sell very quickly when I come across them - but I am sure you will find plenty available to add to your collection. Occasionally people send me lists that they have compiled of all known postcards by artists and if I get hold of one for C T Howard I will let you know.

I have noticed one for sale by one of my colleagues, I will pm you the details and here is a picture.

Croydon Aerodrome

I will pm you the details

Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Thank you , eastlondonpostcard and Deanosaur, for your replies, sorry I never answered you earlier, but I never received a notification of your posts until now? I am new to the site and cannot see a place to "switch on" notifications of replies to my email ? Thanks for your links and notifications of the card locations, much appreciated.

eastlondonpostcard
Location: https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/20sent06/all-about-me/

Post by eastlondonpostcard »

- no worries Dawn - there is an option available in your User Control Panel under Board Preferences/Edit Posting Defaults where you can set notify replies by default if you wish -
~ send it on a Postcard please ~