Stamps from Postcards Wanted

Post a list of cards you're looking for in this section.

Moderator: MichaelDay

Kiddyboy

Stamps from Postcards Wanted

Post by Kiddyboy »

Hello

In all honesty it not the postcard that I collect but the stamp on it,I am currently collecting various example of Edward the V11 and George the V stamps.I have discovered an innate joy in going through postcards at various fairs and finding one that is of a colour shade or type that I am on the look out for.
As this is a more miss than hit approach I tend to stick with the damaged less wanted cards that are often found in the cheap box left at the end of a table with the hope of getting a few pounds from it.

My question is does a lot of unwanted less desirable cards accumulate to the point that you just want to get shot of them?

I do see the irony in this request as if not known before, I have now enlightened a few of you to the possibility of valuable stamps on worthless card,and this can be the case,if you know what your looking for :)

Cheers

David

eastlondonpostcard
Location: https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/20sent06/all-about-me/

Re: Stamps from Postcards Wanted

Post by eastlondonpostcard »

Yes, it is certainly true that the backs of some of these postcards, especially the stamps, can offer a different reward: but only to the trained eye. I suspect that most dealers are not inclined to do the footwork involved here, so they are well pleased to be shot of the less desirable 'view' postcards.

At a postcard fair there are many dealers with cheap boxes, ripe for the picking... so get stuck in there!
~ send it on a Postcard please ~