Lindner Albums

Post a list of cards you're looking for in this section.

Moderator: MichaelDay

Marmaduke

Lindner Albums

Post by Marmaduke »

I recently bought a small collection of local postcards and ended up falling in love with the albums they were contained in!

They are Lindner 18 hole albums with omnia 021 inserts. I would really like to transfer my whole collection to these albums but the cost of the inserts would be prohibitively expensive! Anyone know where I could get them a little cheaper, 2nd hand perhaps?

Many thanks in advance.

Moonraker

Re: Lindner Albums

Post by Moonraker »

I see what you mean about the prices. A German dealer on eBay is quoting £22.50 for ten sheets, plus a whopping £18.74 for p & P - he's probably involved in eBay's Global Shipping Programme, which is totally unnecessary for most sales.

Currently I'm looking for some quite common album binders and keep an eye on eBay listings. Several have appeared in the past couple of weeks, but one usually has to buy the contents, often very ordinary moderns, for which there is some modest bidding, making the final price - plus p & p - unattractive.

A stamp dealer I know stores all the album binders from purchased collections, and there is a reasonable market for these, and it may be that a PC dealer may do the same for binders and pages - and that this Forum's Moderator will know of one such.

eastlondonpostcard
Location: https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/20sent06/all-about-me/

Post by eastlondonpostcard »

Quite often dealers will sell off old albums etc. in bulk lots at auctions, so it's worth checking local Auction Houses for these. Often they sell for very little. Sometimes second hand albums are also sold at Post Card Fairs, so it's worth checking there too - indeed, you could also ask the dealers at Fairs if they have any as they may not bring them along unless asked... best luck
~ send it on a Postcard please ~

Marmaduke

Post by Marmaduke »

Thanks for your advice. I’ve been searching on eBay and I don’t think getting the albums will be a problem, it’s those pesky inserts! Trust me to set my heart on something so elusive. I’ll keep searching.

eastlondonpostcard
Location: https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/20sent06/all-about-me/

Post by eastlondonpostcard »

Marmaduke wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:18 pm Thanks for your advice. I’ve been searching on eBay and I don’t think getting the albums will be a problem, it’s those pesky inserts! Trust me to set my heart on something so elusive. I’ll keep searching.
At our club night yesterday, new member Ken Thom brought along some of his charity Post Cards including several albums that may match your needs. He is featured on page 47 of the current Picture Postcard Annual - it would be worth contacting him direct: mafpostcards@btinternet.com
~ send it on a Postcard please ~

Marmaduke

Post by Marmaduke »

Thanks. I’ll send him a mail.