Post card collection

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

Kpage

Post card collection

Post by Kpage »

I have what seems to be a large collection of postcards that were passed to me when my father passed away. I have no need fo them so I would like so advice as what to do best -- selling wise. If I can make a few pounds my plan is to buy something I can remember him by. Any ideas how I can get them valued. I live in Portishead near Bristol if that helps. Thanks. Kevin

Moonraker

Re: Post card collection

Post by Moonraker »

I'm sure that dealers on this Forum will be able to offer you specific advice, but you could take the cards along to the fair at Filton on June 2 see http://postcard.co.uk/fairs.php. There you'll be able to get opinions and perhaps offers from several dealers.

It might help were you to summarise what sort of cards they are: "moderns" or items from the heyday of postcards - the early 20th century - and any obvious theme: "local" scenes, aircraft, ships, churches or whatever.

Good luck!