Postcards - expanding your comfort zone

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

tonymckendrick

Postcards - expanding your comfort zone

Post by tonymckendrick »

I've just come back from the busiest one day fair I've been to for a very long time. It was nearer for me than Chester or York and had dealers from 5 countries and over 1000 collectors through the door in the first two hours.
Collectors - you missed a treat. Dealers - I will be promoting the Picture Postcard Show at the next event in an attempt too bring all those keen buyers to London next August.
Where was this fair? Brussels autoworld. The next fair will be April 9th 2006.

reflections

Post by reflections »

Hey, Brussels might be good - but have you tried Nottingham?

kevinramsdale

Re: Postcards - expanding your comfort zone

Post by kevinramsdale »

tonymckendrick wrote:I've just come back from the busiest one day fair I've been to for a very long time. It was nearer for me than Chester or York and had dealers from 5 countries and over 1000 collectors through the door in the first two hours.
Collectors - you missed a treat. Dealers - I will be promoting the Picture Postcard Show at the next event in an attempt too bring all those keen buyers to London next August.
Where was this fair? Brussels autoworld. The next fair will be April 9th 2006.
So how did the April event go Tony?

8)
Kevin

tonymckendrick

Foreign postcard fairs

Post by tonymckendrick »

The Brussels fair in April only costs 20€ a table and for some reason the HUSA President Park which is a fabulous 4 star hotel only charges 59€ a night instead of 260€ if you book in advance through laterooms.com.
The April fair wasn't as busy as the November one but hey - 2k in euros isn't bad for a very pleasant 1 day fair, a change of scenery and with some excellent buying thrown in. (I shouldn't say this, but it was actually cheaper for us to stay 2 nights in Brussels with the table rents, the ferry crossing and all the driving involved than stalling out with the same space at Woking!)
Cartexpo in Paris in June was a lacklustre affair - very hot - 30 c - the first day of the world cup, and a singular lack of advertising as far as I could tell. We took a fair amount of money on the first day but the second was diabolocal and doing this fair makes the Picture Postcard Show an absolute breeze by comparison.
Word on the street is that a big postcard fair will be launched in the Netherlands in 2008! I am not burning my dutch cards before then.
For the very brave there is Verona - tables are 250€ a metre I believe.