Bamforth Postcards

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

chris_colch

Bamforth Postcards

Post by chris_colch »

Hi,

I recently started collecting Bamforth postcards and wondered if there is a list compiled anywhere for the various series and card numbers? Would greatly appreciate if someone could provide a link or book reference?

Thanks,

Chris.

kevinramsdale

Re: Bamforth Postcards

Post by kevinramsdale »

Hi Chris

According page two of this thread:

http://www.postcard.co.uk/messages/post ... a&start=15

it looks unlikely that a checklist exists for their comic postcards. If it is the Song Cards you are interested in the situation is more promising, and I could help you out with a list of these, in the 4500 to 5129 range at any rate.
Kevin

About Postcards

Re: Bamforth Postcards

Post by About Postcards »

Hello Chris,

There was a good list published in 1981, the title of the catalogue is "The Scherer-Silman Bamforth Postcard Catalog". The Author was Major Robert Scherer, publisher Bertram H Silman. It was limited edition, you will sometimes see copies on eBay. This book is often referred to as the catalogue of the song cards for which it's probably the most complete reference list (& is the source of many of the lists circulating on the internet), it also covers some of the early comic and view cards.

For the later cards I'm not aware of a comprehensive list but you might want to try contacting the company who bought out the rights to the Bamforth postcards. There is some detail and a few links at the link below which I hope may help...

http://aboutcards.blogspot.com/2007/01/ ... isher.html

I'm also sure that an internet search will also turn up many other sources... Do post back here if you find out more.

I hope the above helps, good luck with the collection.