Novice has collections to sell

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

hiheathergrace

Novice has collections to sell

Post by hiheathergrace »

Hello,
I wonder if anybody can advise me please.
I have inherited a collection of modern, royal mail stamp design postcards. All are in collectors albums, (12 or more full albums ), and in pristine condition. Is there any interest in these, or market to sell? I am not a collector and need to research how and where to sell to somebody who is.
Would members know of a local contact or dealer? how does selling work?
Would any of you have any interest in contacting me to buy, although carriage rates may not be viable?
I am in Harrow, N.W. London.

Many thanks.

Heather

eastlondonpostcard
Location: https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/20sent06/all-about-me/

Re: Novice has collections to sell

Post by eastlondonpostcard »

Hello Heather - there is a Postcard and Stamp Fair not too far from you today:
Methodist Church Hall, Ickenham Road, Ruislip HA4 7DQ - organiser: David Milton 01895 637283
- it would be worth a visit and to take some/all of the albums with you to show if you can - I'm sure there will be someone who would be happy to advise/buy these - best of luck -
~ send it on a Postcard please ~

lilyliz179

Re: Novice has collections to sell

Post by lilyliz179 »

Hello Heather -

My advice, for what it's worth is....take your time. Search a variety of sources for guidance before you sell. Sometimes the most innocuous of ephemera is more sort-after than one might imagine!

regards, Lilyliz