Removing postcards from and album

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

Shar

Removing postcards from and album

Post by Shar »

Hello....Does anyone know how to remove postcards from an album that have been glued to pages? I would like to take them out but don't want to ruin the pc itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

MichaelDay
Site Admin

Re: Removing postcards from and album

Post by MichaelDay »

There's no easy answer to this as all methods will work for some types of card but not others, it also very much depends on the type of glue used and whether you want to keep the pages intact.

If you really must do it... try experimenting on one or two of the least interesting/valuable items.

But from experience it's very time consuming and you'll have as many disasters as you do triumphs.

Laura Vona

Re: Removing postcards from and album

Post by Laura Vona »

I am wondering if anyone has any hints for fixing dents that occur in the corners of postcards that have been affixed to an album with photo corners.
I have a lot of great cards from older collections that were stored this way for long periods of time, for the most part they look great from the front but dents can be seen on the back sides where the photo corners were.