Raphael Tuck "easter" series 1740

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

Judi

Raphael Tuck "easter" series 1740

Post by Judi »

Can anyone give me any info on the Easter series #1740 by G.E.
Shepheard? We have several, they are of the Egg men and women. You may
email me direct jacknau@aol.com ( California USA) Thank you. Judi

About Postcards

Re: Raphael Tuck "easter" series 1740

Post by About Postcards »

Hello Judy,

I can find no reference to series number 1740 . However, I'm wondering if your series may be the same as the Tuck series number 9344, what follows is about 9344.

The cards were printed in at least two versions, one with an Easter Greeting overprint to the base of the card, some have Egg-xxx captions in white speech bubbles some apparently not. The reference books here suggest two editions, a series I and a series II, but I'm sure that others were produced for sale in other countries.

There seem to have been six cards in the 9344 set; An Eggcellent menu (chefs at work), Eggstra Special (newspaper seller), Our Eggcellent Army (soldier eggs), EggCellent Exercises (two cards with this title , egg men as sailors and a gymnasium scene), and the Henlay Eggs Express (a railway station scene). Each card exists in more than one version with Easter overprints and so on.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need more.