Roosevelt Bears Postcard

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

jeanadams

Roosevelt Bears Postcard

Post by jeanadams »

I have found a post card post dated Oct 17 1907 Kansas City with a one cent stamp on - the title is Rapheal Tuck and Sons Post Card Series 118 "Little Bears". It has been written on the back but is in pristine condition. The picture shows the two bears with a caption "Oh what a shock". Has anyone got any idea of its value and where would be best to try to sell it please?

About Postcards

Re: Roosevelt Bears Postcard

Post by About Postcards »

A late reply but I hope it helps.

Your postcard is from a nice early American Tuck set of 12. I sold one card a couple of years ago for around £15 (about US$25), I suspect it would fetch more today, bears are always popular. There was no information about the artist as far I can remember.

Regarding where to sell you have two basic options; selling via the internet will get you the widest exposure and probably the best price but takes time on your part. Otherwise you could just take it along to a local postcard fair and I'm sure the dealers would be interested (though prices would be lower as they have costs to cover and have to make a profit).

You could of course become a collector and try to find the other 11 from the set. Complete sets command a premium.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.