Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

ANDYG

Post by ANDYG »

Hi everyone

I have come across some postcards that I would like a valuation on - anybody know where to go for this please?

They are mainly coloured drawings of scenes at Rhyl and Weston Super Mare - not sure of date, but one has 1938 on it and a lift-up flap which has underneath a pull-out set of pics of Rhyl

Another is a photo of the "Campania" - Festival of Britain 1951

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Andrew

eastlondonpostcard
Location: https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/20sent06/all-about-me/

Re: Newbie

Post by eastlondonpostcard »

Welcome

The coloured views - are they artist drawn? - is there a name or a publisher's name on the back, I wonder? - may help to know.
The one with a lift up flap is probably worth 2-3 pounds - there are collectors for this type of view card as a novelty.
The Campania was the Festival of Britain ship that toured Great Britain during the festival year of 1951 - it was the floating exhibition - it's value is also about 2-3 pounds, I would suggest. It does turn up frequently.

Hope this helps
~ send it on a Postcard please ~

ANDYG

Post by ANDYG »

Thanks for the reply

There is an artist name in the corner - A R QUINTON on some and C T Howard on others

J Salmon Ltd publishers

Regards

About Postcards

Post by About Postcards »

There are some notable exceptions but most Alfred Robert Quinton postcards fetch somewhere around 2.50 to 3.00. If you have lots of them there's a book "QUINTESSENTIAL QUINTON". ARQ cards are much collected but are also in plentiful supply.

The C T Howard cards have a lower value.

Hope this helps, ask again if you need more.

ANDYG

Post by ANDYG »

EXCELLENT - Thanks for all the help !! :)

mElvia

Post by mElvia »

Hello there, I'm a newbie here too and really glad to have joined the community. I collect postcards myself, but only modern ones. So I guess my collection is pretty cheap. :)

eastlondonpostcard
Location: https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/20sent06/all-about-me/

Post by eastlondonpostcard »

Welcome mElvia - Moderns will be the collectables of the future - enjoy!

ps - I removed the url from your posting as it doesn't refer or is allowed -
~ send it on a Postcard please ~