Hildesheimer Postcards

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

kc40ash

Hildesheimer Postcards

Post by kc40ash »

Hi.. A Newbie here..
I have a set of six Hildesheimer HORSE RACING postcards c1900 with them post dated 1906, I have trawled through several listings and Never found any of these. Can anyone tell me something else about them? arre they from the 5000 series or not. No numbers on them, plain backs no writing at all, apart from Post Card. on front is the pic of course, with large white borders, description underneath and above Copyright S Hildesheimer & Co Ltd. London andd Manchester.
Not seen any similar to these yet in any topographical form.

Thanks Kevin

eastlondonpostcard
Location: https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/20sent06/all-about-me/

Re: Hildesheimer Postcards

Post by eastlondonpostcard »

Welcome - well, these are not a well-known series as far as I know, I've certainly never seen or heard of this set before. The 5000 series of postcard sets were not started by Hildesheimer until 1904/05 - so your set will probably have been produced before then. Hope it helps, Steve
~ send it on a Postcard please ~