Post Office First Day postcards

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

ruthless

Post Office First Day postcards

Post by ruthless »

I have unearthed in a cupboard a stack of Post Office 'first day' postcards, ranging in date from 1978-1982. I coun ted 29 complete sets (topics including dogs, horses, nautical things, Christmas, Charles and Diana,Beatix Potter, Year of the Child, arts, Scouting, amongst others), plus a few one-offs. Almost all are in pristine condition, but none have been posted/stamped. Are they worth anything, or should I put them back in the cupboard?
Thanks for any advice,
Ruth :)

deanosaur1972

Re: Post Office First Day postcards

Post by deanosaur1972 »

Hello Ruth...

My personal advice would be to put them back in the cupboard I am afraid. The only cards of this type that carry any collectible value at all are the sets with sought after postmarks. I have many myself that have come along with other collections purchased years ago and I often think I would struggle to give them away! So I would bury them in the back of the cupboard for a good few years yet.

Regards

Dean