Picture postcard paper

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

chris w

Picture postcard paper

Post by chris w »

Hello I run a small photography business and have a market for local cards but only in small numbers. I am searching for postcard paper that is paper which is glossy on one side and matt on the other I can find plenty of photographic paper but the reverse side is not suitable for me to print a postcard back onto it. I have the image ready but it is very frustrating not to find any paper for the amateur to print their own cards. I am in UK so anyone know where , if anywhere, I can get the right paper.

my website

http://www.chriswilesphotography.com

About Postcards

Re: Picture postcard paper

Post by About Postcards »

Not my area of expertise but, as an amateur photographer who moved to digital it's a very very long time since I last developed and printed an image in a darkroom, I'm assuming that's what you are looking for ? Similarly I'm guessing that you are looking for something with the photo emulsion on one side of a fibre based card. ................ If that's the case then a direct contact with Ilford might be your only option.

MichaelDay
Site Admin

Re: Picture postcard paper

Post by MichaelDay »

Ilford do actually produce a black & white 'postcard' paper in 6 x 4 (approx) size.
But it's a resin coasted type and the back is already pre-printed as a postcard.

Traditional fibre based cards were produced on a heavyweight base. This has not been available for quite a while.
You can get 'double weight' traditional paper, but this is far too flimsy.