The "Nash" Series

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

nickbits

The "Nash" Series

Post by nickbits »

Dear All,

I have a postcard that I am trying to identify the publisher of. It dates to 1929 or before and has The "Nash" Series printed on the reverse with the number - 4449-298. I am finding lots of other cards on the web identified as the nash series but nothing as to who the publisher is.

I would appreciate any help.
Regards,
Nick

About Postcards

Re: The "Nash" Series

Post by About Postcards »

Hello Nick,

What's the image ? The date sounds rather late but could it be an A A Nash artist series postcard (publisher Inter-Art and others)

nickbits

Re: The "Nash" Series

Post by nickbits »

Hello Linda,

Sorry for the delay. I now have a couple of these postcards. The latest one dates to 1921. They all have reference numbers on them, 4449-298 for example. They are all photographs of views of Newbury, Berkshire. I did do a good search around on the net and as you point out the only ones I could find, or the bulk of them, were artistic postcards by Nash. I am therefore assuming that they are not by Nash the artist.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Regards,
Nick