Edinburgh Royal Infirmary / info needed.

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

Pinkfloyd

Edinburgh Royal Infirmary / info needed.

Post by Pinkfloyd »

Does anybody know anything about these? I have searched the net looking for info on them / their rarity, but can't find a thing. They are standard postcard size but have the reports on the back of them so could not be sent through the post (nowhere to write on them).... any info most appreciated. Click to view full size.

Mike.

eastlondonpostcard
Location: https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/20sent06/all-about-me/

Re: Edinburgh Royal Infirmary / info needed.

Post by eastlondonpostcard »

I would guess that they were produced to raise funds for the hospital - I have similar ones for the Hackney Children's Hospital in East London which are nt uncommon, but is enough to find. The facts and figures are fascinating and, to me, add value to the views as great pieces of Social History.

Value and rarity are always hard to gauge here - they are of obvious appeal to the local collector as well as to the collector of Hospitals/Charitable Organisations etc. Collectors of Edinburgh Postcards will be able to confirm their rarity, I'm sure - many thanks for sharing them.
~ send it on a Postcard please ~

Pinkfloyd

Re: Edinburgh Royal Infirmary / info needed.

Post by Pinkfloyd »

eastlondonpostcard wrote:I would guess that they were produced to raise funds for the hospital - I have similar ones for the Hackney Children's Hospital in East London which are nt uncommon, but is enough to find. The facts and figures are fascinating and, to me, add value to the views as great pieces of Social History.

Value and rarity are always hard to gauge here - they are of obvious appeal to the local collector as well as to the collector of Hospitals/Charitable Organisations etc. Collectors of Edinburgh Postcards will be able to confirm their rarity, I'm sure - many thanks for sharing them.
Yes, that was way before the "NHS" and amazing to see they were running at a loss every year and relying on donations to keep the Hospital up and running... fascinating info / insight and all from a little postcard.

Thanks for replying.