Crematorium postcards

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

Harpagon

Crematorium postcards

Post by Harpagon »

Hello, I just discovered this board. The reason I'm posting here is that I've built up quite a collection of postcards of crematoria in various places over the last few years. I was just wondering if there was anybody else out there who shares this grim hobby with me. Anyone?

deanosaur1972

Re: Crematorium postcards

Post by deanosaur1972 »

I have sold quite a few - so there must be plenty of other collectors out there.

In certain instances I find them quite amusing - especially where they have been posted as a pure holiday/vacation postcard. I can understand them being posted after a recent family bereavement etc., - however, when posted as a general holiday postcard saying how nice the weather has been - I find that quite fascinating. I try and imagine someone on holiday going up to a postcard stand, looking through all the nice beach and town scenes, glancing at the comic and greetings postcards - and then picking out the crematorium postcard (when I find one with the words 'Wish you were here' on the back, then that would be kept rather than sold).

It may be grim, but it's certainly interesting :D