What do I do

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

Nepotts

What do I do

Post by Nepotts »

Hiya postcard people

I have a big box full of postcards that I have collected. I now have no time or money to continue and nowhere to keep them. Some are old ones, a couple of silk ones, a few random old ones and a lot of advertising ones that are for the last 20 years or so.

Do I just bin them? Can I sell them?

Help

Thank you very much

deanosaur1972

Re: What do I do

Post by deanosaur1972 »

Sell them.

You could sell them online on ebay, or eBid (cheaper) - or many other online places. Other than that if you have a local postcard fair then take them along.

Nepotts

Post by Nepotts »

I would be worried that they would laugh me out of the place as many of them are probably junk.and I'd be worried about who to approach and how.

How can I find out when there is a postcard fair near me? There used to be one by southend airport.

eastlondonpostcard
Location: https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/20sent06/all-about-me/

Post by eastlondonpostcard »

Nepotts wrote:...How can I find out when there is a postcard fair near me? There used to be one by southend airport.
DON'T BIN 'EM!!!

There is a Postcard/Stamp Fair this Sunday 2nd February at Leigh-on-Sea: West Leigh School - organiser is Ray How 01702 544632

I don't think the Southend one is on any more - did it years 'n years ago...

Best Luck
~ send it on a Postcard please ~

Nepotts

Post by Nepotts »

Ooh I might just go along to that. Thank you

I'm not sorting through (epic job) and considering keeping some of the family ones for my son. Silly ones like my Nan's holidays to Blackpool and the like. Might mean something to him in 60 years time.

I just started to list one on eBay but I'm stumped at what type they are etc so that's not an option really. I don't know anything about them at all.