New Postcard Designs

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

beautifulposters

New Postcard Designs

Post by beautifulposters »

Hi, I'm completely new to the world of postcard collecting, and I guess I'm coming from a slightly different angle. I have recently started designing and producing vintage style postcard designs of towns in Sussex (starting with Shoreham by Sea), UK. I'm keen to know if the postcard collecting world also buy new cards or are they only interested in older postcards? My designs are selling very well but it was suggested that collectors may like these new designs. I haven't posted images or links to the website as I want to observe your guidelines. I'd appreciate any feedback relating to the postcard collecting market. Many thanks Danny McBride

eastlondonpostcard
Location: https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/20sent06/all-about-me/

Re: New Postcard Designs

Post by eastlondonpostcard »

Hello and congratulations on your 'Postcard' venture - well done!

Although the Postcard hobby is predominately concerned about Postcards of the 'Golden Age' , many Modern Postcards Designs are popular with collectors, especially if they are 'local' scenes... after all, the older cards were 'modern' once!

There are one or two dealers of Modern Postcards and the Picture Postcard Monthly has a regular feature on Modern Postcards, I'm sure they would be interested to review these... and there is a regular Postcard Fair in Shoreham which would be worth attending to speak to some of the dealers there - next one is on June 21st at the Shoreham Centre.

Hope the venture goes well - best luck!
~ send it on a Postcard please ~

beautifulposters

Post by beautifulposters »

Thanks ever so much, really helpful! I'll send off a couple of press releases to the mentioned magazines and visit the Shoreham event.

Thanks again,
Danny

mudeser

Post by mudeser »

Although the Postcard hobby is predominately concerned about Postcards of the 'Golden Age' , many Modern Postcards Designs are popular with collectors, especially if they are 'local' scenes... after all, the older cards were 'modern' once!

eastlondonpostcard
Location: https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/20sent06/all-about-me/

Post by eastlondonpostcard »

mudeser wrote:Although the Postcard hobby is predominately concerned about Postcards of the 'Golden Age' , many Modern Postcards Designs are popular with collectors, especially if they are 'local' scenes... after all, the older cards were 'modern' once!
err - didn't I say that several months ago...
~ send it on a Postcard please ~

ariana

Post by ariana »

Anyone have any information about this publisher? I have a considerable number in the 'Haven' series which feature views of Canvey Island in Essex. They are all nice real photo type views.