STF Switzerland

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

CollectIreland

STF Switzerland

Post by CollectIreland »

Just when I thought that I was beginning to get a handle on the postcard output of Scholastic Productions Belfast when another mystery arises. The card shown below is one of a number by Scholastic but that also appear in another variation with the logo STF. Anybody able to throw any light on this or am I being particularly thick? Thanks. :)

CollectIreland

Re: STF Switzerland

Post by CollectIreland »

Since posting earlier I've partly answered my own question following a visit to http://www.metropostcard.com/publisherss3.html - should have gone there first but I might as will leave this here now. The postcard used to illustrate the entry for Stehli Freres is by Irish artist Maurice Canning Wilks who also supplied many paintings to Scholastic Productions. Any further information welcome.

CollectIreland

Re: STF Switzerland

Post by CollectIreland »

And, yet again, just when I thought I had got to the bottom of the mystery...I came across this card - published by Scholastic, printed in Switzerland and carrying the STF logo! I have the identical card with just the STF logo and no mention of Scholastic.