Mainzer “Cats” Postcard Identification #9474

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

paperstuff101

Mainzer “Cats” Postcard Identification #9474

Post by paperstuff101 »

Hello all. I’m trying to identify a particular Alfred Mainzer postcard from his cats series. These are quite collectible here in the States, but this one is of a noticeably different style. As you can see from the images, the obverse has no background in the image and the reverse has the New York, NY address as opposed to the typical Long Island one. Additionally, it has a border on the obverse and a number of 9474, while more common cards have numbers in the 4000’s and no border. I have been unable to locate this or any similar style Mainzer cards to this one. I would appreciate any assistance that anyone could provide in identifying this card or series, or if you have any links regarding Mainzer cards numbered in the 9000’s. Thanks.