obliterated postcard message

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

Dave43

obliterated postcard message

Post by Dave43 »

I wondered if this was done by PO in order they could sell "insufficiently addressed" card (88 is E District Office, right for Aldgate) There are possibly a couple of attempts to deliver, 1 pencil, the other blue crayon, but can't read. Did they try to return to sender, I see Louis gave his address, perhaps that was insufficient as well! Does anyone know if obliteration was done by PO? No Dead Letter Office cancel
Of course the US doesn't do a free redirect service, perhaps why you see so many return addresses on US mail

Dave43

Re: obliterated postcard message

Post by Dave43 »

Sorry, I didn't add pic, I find I can't do on this website (its easy on Delcampe!) somebody did tell me how onetime but I've forgotten! (Also advancing years are an excuse!)

eastlondonpostcard
Location: https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/20sent06/all-about-me/

Re: obliterated postcard message

Post by eastlondonpostcard »

Dave43 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:34 pm Sorry, I didn't add pic, I find I can't do on this website (its easy on Delcampe!) somebody did tell me how onetime but I've forgotten! (Also advancing years are an excuse!)
No worries - here is a thread which tells you how to post a picture: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=817 :D
~ send it on a Postcard please ~