POSTCARD COLLECTORS MAGAZINE

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

alanwinter

POSTCARD COLLECTORS MAGAZINE

Post by alanwinter »

A thought for consideration and discussion. With the sad demise of our hobby's excellent leading (only?) magazine, What about someone (or the PTA) contacting John Devaney of Ace Card Enterprises? John publishes the cigarette card /trade card magazine called Card Scene. There must be a case for putting PPM and The Card Scene together somehow to create a monthly or bi-monthly magazine for all card collectors. The two hobby's are quite synergetic with many collectors attending both postcard and cigarette card fairs. Advertising from both hobby's (when fairs return) will contribute a greater income against production costs than two separate magazines. The PTA is now an established fair organiser so maybe this can be another string to its bow? Worth a thought surely. After all there are some very talented and capable magazine publishers within the PTA membership aren't there? All comments welcome. The more something like this is discussed, the greater chance of something happening. That's how it works. All the best everyone.

eastlondonpostcard
Location: https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/20sent06/all-about-me/

Re: POSTCARD COLLECTORS MAGAZINE

Post by eastlondonpostcard »

This answer from the PTA on Facebook:
The Postcard Traders Association represents the Post Card trade and as the name suggests, it is not an enterprise... it is run by individuals who give their time voluntarily for the benefit of other traders. Therefore, as an association, we cannot represent other parties in the hobby - it just wouldn't be fair to members who have paid a fee to join. Yet there are many PTA members who can take on a magazine; yet without the support of readers and advertising revenue it may not be a viable proposition anymore. A joint venture suggested above seems a good idea and the PTA would certainly be supportive of a move like this, but it needs an enthusiastic individual(s), not the PTA to make it work.
~ send it on a Postcard please ~

Dave43

Post by Dave43 »

Sorry, I haven't looked at this site for a time, I used to contribute to PPM, but I think he was in unique position of having too many contributors! I wonder what Brian thinks of Mark's actions, its not long since he took over? I've been in contact with Helmfried Luers about Picture Postcard Album which he publishes in Germany but in English, but I'm not sure its for me, a bit heavyweight! No reply from Yanks which is what I expected! Anyway I think SOMEONE ought to publish mag in UK on lines of PPM, but I'm not offering! Perhaps not relying on advertising income! That's my pennorth.

eastlondonpostcard
Location: https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/20sent06/all-about-me/

Post by eastlondonpostcard »

Salvation at hand! Postcard entrepreneur Michael Goldsmith will be starting the magazine up again with a 10 monthly edition in October this year! It will become known as Picture Postcard Collecting.

Contact him directly for more details: https://postcard.co.uk/pta_member_details.php?ref=164

:D
~ send it on a Postcard please ~

oldpostcarder

Post by oldpostcarder »

eastlondonpostcard wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:08 am Salvation at hand! Postcard entrepreneur Michael Goldsmith will be starting the magazine up again with a 10 monthly edition in October this year! It will become known as Picture Postcard Collecting.

Contact him directly for more details: https://postcard.co.uk/pta_member_details.php?ref=164

:D
Great!