Postcard fairs - COVID

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

Moonraker

Postcard fairs - COVID

Post by Moonraker »

I've been trying to add to Alan Winter's new thread about the West London Postcard Fair on July 17, but there's no "Post Reply" button on it.

I was a bit surprised to see that this was being held, especially as the "Terminus" of COVID restrictions isn't due until the 19th. Will there be any precautions, rules, limit on numbers etc to guard against infection?

All of us are making individual choices about our lifestyles and I know of a number of people who have had the two jabs still being very careful, even outdoors.

Should a visitor to the fair first go to a shop, (s)he will be invited to sanitise their hands, expected to social distance and required to wear a mask. Yet at every fair that I went to in the Old Normal there was a certain amount of intimacy that even then was not welcome. (I recall the nattily-clad gent with very bad BO ...)

Will there be any requirements on the 17th? If so, they should be spelt out in advance.

Still, good luck!

oldpostcarder

Re: Postcard fairs - COVID

Post by oldpostcarder »

Odd - I can see a Post Reply button at top left... however, there is a phone number on Alan’s post, so give him a call to answer all your queries/concerns :D

Moonraker

Re: Postcard fairs - COVID

Post by Moonraker »

I can see a "Post Reply" button on this thread but not on Alan's announcing his fair.

I won't be going as it would require a 70-minute train journey in each direction.

I see that there's also a fair being held on Wednesday in Edgbaston.

The AMP Fairs website says "We aim to provide a safe and secure environment for both traders and visitors. We work closely with all the venues to ensure that Covid 19 and all other health and safety advice is followed", which leaves several questions to be asked - and answered.