Warwick & Warwick Auctions

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

Farleigh2016

Warwick & Warwick Auctions

Post by Farleigh2016 »

Have just been in contact with Warwick & Warwick and they are no longer accepting payment above £500 on credit cards, bank transfer only.
They also say that all bidding will be online and it will not revert to attendance on the day. Used to make it a full day, view, bid, pay & bring it home, not going to be able to do that again !!, no more days out in Warwick and more expense with extra commission charges and delivery !!!.
Think they could well be shooting themselves in the foot there, Any opinions ??.

oldpostcarder

Re: Warwick & Warwick Auctions

Post by oldpostcarder »

Yes, a trip to Warwick was always a good day out, especially if you managed to get some gems to take home. I always tried to take enough cash with me! During this pandemic most Auction Houses have gone over to online bidding only which comes at a cost to the consumer, now costing up to 30% on top of the hammer price! Not sustainable or the same as live bidding in my opinion!