Knight Brothers #1872

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

Real_Moosegal

Knight Brothers #1872

Post by Real_Moosegal »

My friend and I are trying to gather information on one of the Knight Brothers postcards. From what I have read they usually created a series around certain plots. This particular post card focuses on horses and it’s titled Horses at Large: After the Refresher. Unfortunately the post offices from Redoar stamped over the top of the postage stamp and the year of there stamp is not visible. Would anyone be able to tell me if it was part of a series and maybe the year? We would appreciate any help.

eastlondonpostcard
Location: https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/20sent06/all-about-me/

Re: Knight Brothers #1872

Post by eastlondonpostcard »

Real_Moosegal wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:37 pm My friend and I are trying to gather information on one of the Knight Brothers postcards. From what I have read they usually created a series around certain plots. This particular post card focuses on horses and it’s titled Horses at Large: After the Refresher. Unfortunately the post offices from Redoar stamped over the top of the postage stamp and the year of there stamp is not visible. Would anyone be able to tell me if it was part of a series and maybe the year? We would appreciate any help.
Knight Brothers began in 1904 and their chess knight trade mark was registered in 1905 ... a limited company was formed in 1906 and ceased around 1908. Their unusual numbering system meant that the series number appearing on the packet is the 1st number of those individual numbers; thus series no 1152 is made of cards numbered 1152 - 1157.

So your post card would likely have been produced nearer to 1908 and certainly part of a series of six. Hope it helps! :-)
~ send it on a Postcard please ~

Real_Moosegal

Re: Knight Brothers #1872

Post by Real_Moosegal »

Thank you, it’s somewhat helpful. Would be nice to know if any part of that series is still around.