Postcards from Japan / WWI

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

Mark Buckton

Postcards from Japan / WWI

Post by Mark Buckton »

Hello all,

I am a very new member - just registered.

I am British and came across this site after mailing a few people from the Postcard Trader's Association homepage today - but, I as I said to them I am based in Taiwan having been out east for 25 years now after leaving the RAF.

In short - I have some postcards I think might ..... be of interest. They are all for sale as I have recently started my own small shop here in Taipei. (beautiful and hugely interesting city by the way if you ever get a chance to visit - and survive the scooter onslaught)

The postcards in question are primarily theatre linked, from Japan (I was there for 20 years before moving to Taiwan) and feature kabuki actors, some were very famous.

All are over 100 years old. They are individually wrapped. And, I think they are very good condition for their age. (layman's assessment there) :wink:

I also have a few other mixed types - including one written in German but not posted from WWI. It is dated very close to the Armistice. One is an old basketball stadium, and one more is written, stamped, in German.

If these are something anyone might find of interest I would happily send pics to them, obviously try to prove I am who I say I am and perhaps take it further.

Best for now from 8 hours in the future, and fingers crossed they are of interest.

Mark

PS - protocol question - is it OK to add them to this thread tomorrow and it not be considered spamming. (about 20 or so)? :?: