Postcards for sale

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

Marygoodchild

Postcards for sale

Post by Marygoodchild »

I have a large number of postcards and postal memorabilia to sell as my husband a serious philatelist has died please email me if interested

Moonraker

Re: Postcards for sale

Post by Moonraker »

Marygoodchild wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:55 am I have a large number of postcards and postal memorabilia to sell as my husband a serious philatelist has died please email me if interested
Sadly this forum is not very active, with the most traffic relating to specific collecting requirements. I'm not even sure that your being more specific about the collections would generate much in the way of responses.

There is a good market for postcards more than a century old, far less for modern cards. "Postal memorabilia"is a very wide-ranging term, suggesting interesting covers (not modern first-day covers).

The fact that your husband was "a serious philatelist" suggests that his collection may be more sellable than many of the stamp collections that are forlornly offered to dealers.

If you have little knowledge about the material, you could take the postcards to one of the events listed elsewhere on this website and seek several opinions and, perhaps, offers to buy. Though some card dealers also trade in stamps, you may have to take the memorabilia to a fair specifically for philatelists. It may be that a local philatelic society could also advise.