Valuations

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

Andrew

Valuations

Post by Andrew »

I have a large postcard collection of currently over 2000 vintage postcards and over 1500 modern postcards and photographs. Is there anyone who is able and willing to carry out a valuation of my collection for insurance purposes?

Oh yes - I live in Kent.
Thanks
Andrew

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I'm surprised not to have received a response to this one. Maybe I should have worded my initial message differently.

Does anyone know of any valuer who would be willing to value my collection for insurance purposes?

Individuals or companies who advertise on the internet appear to only accept collections for valuation if they are subsequently submitted for sale through them.

Until now, my insurer has accepted my own estimation of the collection, but terms have changed, and they now will not accept the risk unless they know precisely what they could be liable for in the event of a claim being submitted.

Has any other collector come across this problem?
Thanks
Andrew

kevinramsdale

Post by kevinramsdale »

Hello Andrew

The only PTA members I can find offering this service are not well situated for you:

Kirkgate Stamp Co.
The Leeds Collectors Shop
33 New York Street
Leeds
West Yorkshire.
LS2 7DY

However if you enter - postcard insurance valuations - into google uk, alternatives do appear. Juggling the search terms, or using different search engines, might well produce other options as well.

Hope this helps.

Kevin

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Kevin - thank you for the response. I will try various options, but maybe I will have to wait until I next go to one of the postcard fairs, and ask around there too.
Andrew