Alloy cards?? query and 1st post

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

Gabeveden

Alloy cards?? query and 1st post

Post by Gabeveden »

Dear forum members
Does any one have any information or could point me in the direction of where I could find out more regarding 4 aluminium postcards I have found. They are around the turn of the last century (not postally used) scenes of Worcester, in the Cunard's series.
When I look at the internet " Cunard"s" turns up shipping etc.
Thanks in anticipation of a reply
Tim

kevinramsdale

Post by kevinramsdale »

Hello Tim - I'm not aware of any great demand amongst collectors for these, in the latest IPM catalogue I have to hand (2005) they are valued at £3, a level I suspect they have been at for some time. The subject matter depicted is often a commonly seen view and would not have much appeal for the topographical collector.

They were supposed to be sent through the post enclosed in an envelope, to avoid maiming the postal staff with their sharp edges.

I can't say I've ever taken note of who publishes them, so I don't know if the series you have turns up a lot or not.

Best Wishes
Kevin

Gabeveden

Post by Gabeveden »

Kevin
Thanks for the information
Tim