New Members

Welcome to the postcard.co.uk board, for discussion on all aspects of the hobby. You'll need to register to post but this only takes a few seconds and gives you access to more of the features and options available. Please read the the HOW to REGISTER article first. thanks

Moderator: MichaelDay

RAFPOL

Post by RAFPOL »

:D Thank for that Mike. As an "Old Fogie" I still find modern IT something of a maze and struggle with this infernal machine at times. They say that one is never too old to learn! They certainly did not have me in mind there!! I manage, that is about it.
"John Boy"

RAFPOL

Post by RAFPOL »

Just printed off the checklist for Pedro Comics, very useful when visiting fairs etc. Hope one day, we can have one for other comic artists such as Taylor, Fitzpatrick, Tempest of Bamforth fame, and of course my other favourite Trow.

"John Boy"

MichaelDay
Site Admin

Post by MichaelDay »

RAFPOL wrote:Hope one day, we can have one for other comic artists such as Taylor, Fitzpatrick, Tempest of Bamforth fame, and of course my other favourite Trow.
You'd best make a start on it then...! I don't know if any of the other lists exist.

Mike

RAFPOL

Post by RAFPOL »

MichaelDay wrote:
RAFPOL wrote:Hope one day, we can have one for other comic artists such as Taylor, Fitzpatrick, Tempest of Bamforth fame, and of course my other favourite Trow.
You'd best make a start on it then...! I don't know if any of the other lists exist.

Mike
Ah Mike! If only I had the skills etc to carry out any reseach required. I am probably a little too long in the proverbial tooth to attempt anything like that. What I would like to do one day is to maybe strike up a friendship with a collector of the same interest, possibly younger with a little more intelligence. Then perhaps I could "assist" by way of providing details of cards in my collection etc. "You never know your luck in a raffle" is what I am often fond of saying.

As an afterthought, there is a catalogue of Bamforth comics, American in origin, but there are no details of the artists. Sadly, the last of the great Bamforth artists, Arnold Taylor, died a few years ago, I cannot find any details of the artist Pedro, or indeed of Trow. One day, maybe, one day!

"John Boy"